This Is Me--2024 A to Z Theme

My A to Z Themes in the past have covered a range of topics and for 2024 the theme is a personal retrospective that I call "I Coulda Been" which is in reference to my job and career arc over my lifetime. I'll be looking at all sorts of occupations that I have done or could have done. Maybe you've done some of these too!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Week Abounding in Blog Surprises

         Things have been changing believe or not.  My clutter is being culled about as quickly as my blog has been changing.  In other words progress is so slow that it's barely noticeable.  That's not really a bad thing in my case because it means a couple of things.  For one thing, I'm being careful about what I do when I make the changes on my blog so I do it right and don't screw anything up.  And the clutter that I am talking about in my house and in my life is not a situation that calls for any kind of intervention.  In other words I'm doing detail work.  Detail takes longer than just running your car through the automatic car wash.

          Also, things are going slow because I am trying to keep up my blog posting and some commenting on your blogs while having some busy summer events coming my way.  Forgive me if I've missed some of your posts of late, but I'm trying to do my best.

               Last Saturday I was reading a lovely post by Jules at Trying To Get Over The Rainbow and I was thinking about how much what she was saying related to what I had been thinking in recent days, then lo and behold here she gives me a shout out.  This was just one of those cool things I had to mention on my blog.  Check out her blog and give her a hello.  I always enjoy reading what she has to say.

           My Tossing It Out Tuesday feature began this past week with the topic of Junk Mail.  Ellie from Ella's Edge showed how one can turn junk into Recycled Treasures-- a far better solution than merely tossing it out.   I don't know if she'll come up with a way to recycle my next topic for this coming Tuesday when I'll be talking about junk e-mail.

            This past week had several surprises for me.  One was Yvonne Lewis's tribute to my Wednesday post, My Grandmother's Air Baths.  If you missed it, check out Yvonne's hilarious poem, Air Baths.  Yvonne always amazes us how quickly she can get a topical poem onto her blog.  Next Wednesday I am going to tell you about the first public performance of one of my musical works.

            As always, I'll be having seven days of eclectic blogism to share with all of you so I hope you'll join me right here at Tossing It Out.

           Alex J Cavanaugh is holding a contest to celebrate reaching 200 followers.  By the time you get there he might already be at 300--excitement about his upcoming book CassaStar is abuzz as the chatter is all over the blogosphere.  And if you haven't seen it yet, check out his CassaStar book trailer.

            On a sad note, Blabbin' Grammy Ruby's husband (Gramps) passed away this past week.  Many of us have been keeping track of Gramps and Grammy's life and know that Gramps has been dealing with a lot of suffering of late.  If you haven't done so already, please stop by to express your condolences to Blabbin' Grammy.   We love you, Ruby, and are praying for you.

            Have a nice weekend and enjoy your summer--it's going fast!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Lee wonderful summary of the past week, thanks for the mention,
    Yes, the times they are a changing albiet slowly. Tomorrow will be August and I will not be having my summer holiday to Nashville until Feb next year. Better late than never I auppose.

    Enjoy your week-end and summer while it last.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really working hard or are you hardly working?
    Thank for pointing me toward Jules.
    Giggles and Gunsx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, all your clutter chatter has made me think about mine but think is all I have done so far.

    Thank you ever so much for the shout out. I enjoy reading you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're getting music performed?! That's freakin' awesome! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great links from some blogs I've not heard of, gonna go check them out now.
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies to Ruby. It's so hard.

    Yvonne amazes me with her speed and creativity - she's awesome!

    I love how much coverage Alex's trailer is getting - it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to see that public performance of your musical work next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the mention!
    Yes, I caught Ruby's news shortly after she posted it - very sad.
    And Yvonne amazes me that she can turn out a quality poem the very next day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you the shout out; I look forward to Tuesday! I think I will still toss it out on Tuesday, but creativity with junk email,that would be a challenge ;-D

    I will find a way to still toss something out and something in on Tuesday~

    enJOY that weekend...I worry about you n' your family, when I see the fires on the news...I hope you aren't close?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are subtle. Or maybe I am not observant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne-- You really surprised me with your "Air Bath" poem this past week.

    Mary-- I guess it's steady but surely. When my changes have been complete most will have hardly noticed. I always like to point out blogs that I have enjoyed.

    Jules -- Thinking about something is often how things go into action. I've been enjoying your blog posts.

    Will -- I may have been misleading about the musical performance as you will find out on Wednesday.

    Clarissa -- Support your local blogger!

    Jemi -- Lot's of different things happening in everybody's lives.

    Dezmond -- Alas, but there will be nothing to see or hear, however there will be a story to tell.

    Alex -- I think everyone has gotten as excited as you are about CassaStar.

    Ellie -- No fires near us. Can't even see or smell the smoke like we have in some of the other past fires.

    Gregg -- It would take an awful lot of observing to notice the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the great links. Summertime is wonderful, with all its events. Unfortunately something has to suffer.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and say something. Don't be afraid to speak your mind.
I normally try to respond to all comments in the comment section so please remember to check the "Email follow-up comments" box if you want to participate in the comment conversation.

For Battle of the Bands voting the "Anonymous" commenting option has been made available though this version is the least preferred. If voting using "anonymous" please include in your comment your name (first only is okay) and city you are voting from and the reason you chose the artist you did.

If you know me and want to comment but don't want to do it here, then you can send me an email @ jacksonlee51 at aol dot com.

Lee